Master of Intercultural Education Ministry
Purpose of the Degree: GRS is committed to assisting the Church with the equipping of those whom God has separated out for the purpose of missionary work. This degree program alongside practical ministry training in the context of a healthy, experienced, vibrant church will prepare the missionary candidate for field service in a cross-cultural situation.
A. Admission Requirements
Master’s level students are required to have an adequate educational and ministry background providing the foundation for personal and academic development, and specific objectives clear enough to provide a sense of purpose and direction from the beginning to the end of the program.
1. Pre-requisite for study
a. Applicants for the M.A/ICEM programs are required to have an appropriate four year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution maintaining academic standards similar to those of GRS
b. Applicants may be admitted with deficiencies noted. All such deficiencies must be completed prior to the end of the first academic year of study. No academic credit will be granted for work done to satisfy admission deficiencies
2. Selection for admission is based on demonstrated academic and ministerial ability.
All applicants for the M.A/ICEM programs must meet the following qualifications:
a. Demonstrate potential for ministry and scholarship at the Master’s level. At least 3.0 GPA from in the approved Bachelor’s Program.
b. Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 with no more than two C grades in the entire program.
B. Program Duration
1. The M.A/ICEM degree requires a satisfactory completion of 60 hours of course work as prescribed in the curriculum and a thesis.
2. The M.A/ICEM program must be finished in five years. In exceptional circumstances, a student may apply for a one-year extension beyond the five year limit. The student must register and pay tuition each semester. See schedule of fees for extension costs.
3. A student will be considered to have a lapsed registration after one calendar year without activity. The student will be required to request reinstatement and will incur a fee of $200.00 in addition to the continuation fee.
4. Total Credits Required: 60 (or 30 credit hours in addition to a recognized M.Div. degree).